The most common error encounters after fresh windows 7 installation is Error 8024402F, 8024402C “WindowsUpdate_8024402F” “WindowsUpdate_dt000”.
This error basically means the windows update is not able to access the Microsoft repository.
The solution is too simple. Error 8024402F, 8024402C is most often associated with improper name resolution.
1. Change your DNS to Google public DNS. that is 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
2. Synchronize time with windows server.
3. Start update.
4. Along with this try fixing using the Microsoft fix-it tool http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/
Steps with screen shot is given below
1. Open the network connection. click on change adapter settings
2. If you are having a direct internet connection or cable modem, right click the local area connection and select properties. Highlight TCP/IP V4 and click properties. If using a bridged connection, then right click the dial-up connection (wan miniport)
3. Select radio button ‘use the following DNS server address’. Change the DNS addresses to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
4. To synchronizing time, Click on thr clock on system tray. Select change Date and Time. select tab internet time and click on update as shown below