After waiting for a long time and repeated unsuccessful contact with customer care and dealer, finally I decided to change the Dish direction and satellite settings for sun direct myself. here is the step by step procedure to change and setup sun direct for new satellite measat 3
For sun direct setup, first Visit the site http://www.lyngsat.com/mea3.html for finding out the required azimuth and elevation for your dish in your location. screen shot of the site is given here, check for the marked area. Azimuth is the direction clock wise from North (90 deg is East, 180 deg is South, 270 deg is West, 0 or 360 deg is North) and elevation is movement in vertical plane (0 deg LNB is parallel to ground and 90 deg is LNB pointing upward). For major cities azimuth and elevation could be obtained from http://measat.com/support_customer_azimuth.html
What is Azimuth and Elevation
Find azimuth and elevation for your place, it will calculate your location as per your IP address
It would be better to check azimuth and elevation for Insat 4b at http://www.lyngsat.com/in4b.html, from where sun direct moved to Measat 3. Now you can see the difference in azimuth and elevation for both satellite. Normally difference in azimuth is 3.3 degree Clock wise and 2 degree up for elevation
Before adjusting the satellite, first switch on the TV and set top box, press menu and go to insatallation. (This metod is almost same for all set top boxes, here I am using Coship)
Menu setup page
Advanced setup page
1. Select advanced installation using left and down key of remote.
2. Select first satellite and rename it by pressing the blue button on remote (optional)
3. Press yellow button on remote for TP edit
4. Delete all transponders in the list using blue button (optional)
5.Enter frequency as 12316, symbol rate 30000 and polarity horizontal. If now you are getting quality above 20 you will be able to receive channels without dish adjustment. if quality is zero or less than 20%, Keep the TV and set top box on and ask some one to watch the screen for ‘quality bar’.
( I recommend you to put a mark awith paint or marker on the dish as shown below for reverting back, if you are not succeeding in aligning to measat 3)
6. Change the direction of the Dish as per the parameters described in First section. As a thumb of rule just loosen the Nuts under the dish a little and move the Dish direction 3 degrees clock wise (just 1- 2 Cms away from North). Lift the dish (tip of LNB) up by 2 degree again around 2 cm movement. Mean while your attender should be monitoring the quality bar and if there is any movement adjust the dish for best quality. You should get quality more than 70 % and you may get upto 87% ( Even though you may receive channels for quality as less as 20 %, try for above 50%.Better the quality better the video and audio)
Transponder (TP) editing page
7. Tighten the nuts where the quality is maximum.
8. get down from the roof, (you had done a wonderful job). take the remote press green button to add the TP. The data we entered has been updated and you get a new entry for editing. Keep on entering all the following data’s one by one. That is enter the frequency, symbol rate and polarization one by one, pressing green button after entering each set.
9. make sure after entering polarization you should get some signal strength in quality bar. If you are not getting any quality percentage, try changing polarity or symbol rate (standard symbol rates for measat sun direct are 30000, 27500, 19500 and 20000)
Transponder data for feeding
1. Enter this data first, if you have not followed the step above frequency 12316, symbol rate 30000, polarity Horizontal. press green button to add next transponder.
2. Now enter the following data one by one. keep pressing green button after entering every data set for saving it.
·Frequency – Symbol rate – Polarity
·12436 – 30000 – Horizontal
·12597 – 19500 – Horizontal
·12615 – 10000 – Horizontal
·12643 – 30000 – Horizontal
·12434 – 30000 – Horizontal
·12523 – 27500 – Vertical
·12563 – 27500 – Vertical
·12603 – 27500 – Vertical
·12643 – 27500 – Vertical
·12723 – 27500 – Horizontal
·12683 – 27500 – Horizontal
For all vertical transponders feed it again in horizontal with symbol rate 30000
If any of the transponder shown above is not showing any quality strength, try changing symbol rate to 20000 or 30000
Now after entering all data press exit once to get out of data feeding page.
select all transponders one by one and press ok on remote (centre button), a tick mark will appear next to transponder. Then press red button on remote to search.
You will get a list of channels. press exit togo back. Set top box will restart if not try upgrading software menu, or switch off and switch on set top box. Set top box will automatically update the software, which will take around 5 – 10 minutes.
Now click menu, select installation and press ok
you will see signal and quality bars, press red button for starting scan. save and exit
Congratulation now you are done.
In case any thing gone wrong or you are not successful and lost whatever you were getting, Don’t panic. Simply select factory restore. Then go to installation and scan